Man charged in connection with Buncrana disturbance held in custody

first_imgA 19-year-old man who was earlier this week released on bail when charged in connection with a major incident in Buncrana earlier this week was remanded in custody today when he appeared at the town’s District Court today.Francis McDonagh was charged with a breach of the peace, failing to comply with the directions of Gardai and engaging in threatening and abusive behaviour when he appeared at Letterkenny District Court on Tuesday. The charges related to an incident at Earlsfort housing estate on the outskirts of Buncrana the previous evening.His bail conditions included him residing at an address in Letterkenny.However, a Garda told today’s court hearing he saw McDonagh in a house in Earlsfort at around 7.15pm on Tuesday evening.Defence solicitor Rory O’Brien told the court his client had been in the house referred to and had done so through “concern” for his family.Mr O’Brien added McDonagh realised he was in the wrong and apologised for his actions.McDonagh was remanded in custody to appear at Letterkenny District Court via video link next week.Man charged in connection with Buncrana disturbance held in custody was last modified: March 9th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img