Deadline for filing for public FEMA assistance is Monday, October 17

first_imgState Auditor Tom Salmon, CPA, would like to remind municipalities, schools and non-profit organizations who may be eligible for FEMA assistance that the one-page ‘Request for Public Assistance’ form (Form 90-49) must be submitted by the close of business Monday, October 17. This a simple one page form that must be submitted, even if you don’t know your DUNs number. The Request for Public Assistance Form (RPA) may be found at: is external)  and should be submitted to Alec Portalupi at the Vermont Agency of Transportation.  He can be contacted by phone at 802-828-3889 or by e-mail at [email protected](link sends e-mail). You may fax the form to 802-828-2848.Communities, certain non-profits, and publicly owned utilities in the declared counties can put in claims for things like overtime paid for storm cleanup, public infrastructure damage, contractors, equipment rentals, fuel for those rentals and other publicly owned equipment used for cleanup or repairs, and any other costs above and beyond normal operating expenses.Your regional planning commission, the Vermont Agency of Transportation, and PA specialists from FEMA can help with the application process, but it must be completed by the deadline of October 17.  For more information, please call Alec Portalupi at the Vermont Agency of Transportation at 802-828-3889; or Gary Schelley of VTrans at 802-828-0425.last_img