The historical Cathedral Quarter in the heart of Letterkenny is set to undergo major enhancements with a financial boost announced today.Minister for Education and Skills Joe McHugh has announced Letterkenny has secured €200,000 funding to revive and repair buildings near St Eunan’s Cathedral.“This €200,000 funding is a huge boost to efforts to bring the architectural heart of the town back to life,” Minister McHugh said. “The money will make a huge difference to the plans for the Ecclesiastical Conservation Area in the town and will enable conservation repair works to a number of buildings along Church Lane.”The funding has been secured following an application by Donegal County Council to the Historic Towns Initiative 2019, a scheme run by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht in conjunction with the Heritage Council.Minister McHugh said: “Letterkenny is only one of six towns to have made the cut in this latest boost to local heritage and history and culture.“Donegal County Council also deserves praise here for identifying the potential in the cathedral area of the town and pitching for this really important fund. “It is about using our heritage, our special local history, to drive the regeneration in a special part of the town.“And funding of this scale is also about this Government recognising the importance of our heritage and it’s legacy – ár n-Oidhreacht – the history that it has been left for us to preserve and pass on to the next generation.”Letterkenny Cathedral District awarded €200,000 funding boost was last modified: March 3rd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The CPI(M) appeared to have successfully defused a crisis in the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC), a day after dissidents expressed ‘no-confidence’ in the council’s Executive Committee members and sought their resignations or removal. Lashing out at the State’s ruling BJP for trying to “destabilise the council for narrow political gain,” Chief Executive Member (CEM) Radha Charan Debbarma on Tuesday addressed a press conference at the CPI(M) State office here, accompanied by 24 of the council’s 28 elected members.A group of dissident council members had on Monday circulated a letter purportedly signed by 15 members urging the Secretary to convene an urgent session and demanding the removal of the Executive Committee’s members. The group also met Governor Ramesh Bais.At the press conference, some of those whose names appeared as signatories to the letter confirmed that they had indeed signed the letter, but contended that they had done so “assuming a matter related to their perks”. Only one member, Safai Mog, claimed his signature had been faked.Mr. Debbarma alleged that Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb and Deputy Chief Minister Jishnu Debbarman had ‘orchestrated a conspiracy’ against the CPI(M) controlled TTAADC. “BJP would carry on its sinister design to make a back door entry into the council, but we are also vigilant to thwart any unethical attempt,” the council’s CEM asserted.Former Lok Sabha Member and senior CPI(M) leader Jitendra Choudhury also slammed the BJP for trying to unseat elected officials of the TTAADC.The CPI(M) had won all the 28 seats in the TTAADC in the last elections.Meanwhile, one of the dissidents, Patiram Tripura, refuted the CEM’s charge and claimed that all 15 members had signed the letter willingly and that no signature was ‘fake’.He asserted that the actual picture would become clear once the council session was convened and it took up discussion on their ‘no confidence’ motion. The Governor would be approached again for his intervention in convening an early session of the TTAADC, the dissident member added.
Are you looking for a thrilling career in the sports industry? Touch Football Australia (TFA) is seeking suitably qualified applicants for the position of State Operations Manager based in our NT office located in Darwin.Please click on the respective job below to open the Position Description.State Operations Manager (Northern Territory)Applications for this opportunity close at 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday, 26 August 2016.For further information or to lodge your application for these career opportunities, please email [email protected] LinksPositions Vacant
TagsPremiership NewsAbout the authorIan FerrisShare the loveHave your say Ranieri hopes Fulham’s leading scorer Mitrovic comes good against former clubby Ian Ferris10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFulham’s top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic will return to his former club Newcastle on Saturday.”I hope when a player goes back to his previous club he wants to show something more,” said Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri, whose team are currently bottom of the Premier League. “I hope everything for Aleksandar, believe me, I pray.”Aleksandar in Newcastle didn’t do a very good job because when a player comes from another country it’s not easy to adapt immediately to English football.”But in Fulham he’s adapted very, very well. And I hope he can do a very outstanding match.”I don’t know if they will give a warm welcome to Aleksandar but I hope Aleksandar will make a very good match.”
Daniel James: Every Man Utd teammate has been greatby Paul Vegas6 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveDaniel James already feels at home with Manchester United.James says his new United teammates have helped make his move from Swansea City as easy as possible.He said: “They’ve all been great. I haven’t been here for long but I’ve made some great friends already and I think that’s so important when coming to a new club because you feel a bit intimated at the start, playing at such a big club.“Everyone has been great with me and I really thank them for that.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
David Moyes has praised the impact of Marko Arnautovic in the West-Ham squad after the Austrian’s man-of-the-match display in the win over Everton.Arnautovic was in excellent form in the game as he assisted Andriy Yarmolenko before wrapping up the win with his third league goal of the season at Goodison ParkHowever, Moyes who worked with the former Stoke City hitman was impressed by his performance and believes the 29-year-old will be instrumental in West-Ham’s campaign.“This guy is different class Marko, he really is,” said the former West Ham manager. “He links it up and gets the finish (for West Ham’s third goal).“Marko at the moment is just showing the difference between winning and losing at times.”Report: England’s Rice gets death threats George Patchias – September 9, 2019 England International Declan Rice has received death threats.Rice a one time Ireland International, switched allegiances only this year. The West Ham United man played for…“Since he became a forward player, he saw it as part of his job (to score goals),” he said. “You saw his goal, but the run in behind for their first goal, he is a threat.“If he played for Everton today, Everton would have won the game because every time, especially in the first half, Everton looked to play into Cenk Tosun. And I thought they lost the ball and the first goal comes from it.“Whereas anything that got played into Marko today, he set it, laid it, he spun in behind, he went again. He makes the first goal that way, he makes the second goal that way.“So I think if he had been playing for the opposition today, he would have been a real handful for anybody.”
Inter manager Luciano Spalletti, expects a very difficult match despite Lionel Messi’s absence and wants his squad to take Group B’s top spot.Looks like Inter manager Luciano Spalletti is motivated because of Lionel Messi’s absence at FC Barcelona on Wednesday, the Catalan club won’t have their best player for this Wednesday’s match at Camp Nou stadium in Catalonia.The Inter manager is aware of the big opportunity his squad has for this and the next match, he obviously has told his players repeatedly how important a win could be for them against this club.“They could be three fundamental points for us and we have a great chance against an impressive squad, one of the strongest in world football,” said Spalletti via Diario Sport. “We have dreamt of coming to play here and make the squad take a step forward. We have to be ambitious and have the desire to perform well in a match of this nature, we require a great level of self-esteem and confidence. We also need to be organized and try to keep the ball.”Spalletti also spoke about his former player Rafinha, who played for Internazionale Milano last season and helped the Nerazzurri reach this competition with his football.“I will take this opportunity to greet him and thank him for everything he did for us last season in order to reach this spot in the Champions League, he was a fundamental player for us,” added Spalletti about Rafinha.Top 10 players who played for both Barcelona and Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to talk about the best players who represented both Barcelona and Valencia, prior to their La Liga encounter at Camp Nou this evening.“I would love it if he could play against us, but he will create a lot of problems if he does because he has the quality of a player who knows our squad very well.”Luciano also explained why Rafinha didn’t stay at Inter last season: “His loan period came to an end and we knew that we weren’t able to make any new transfers during the summer.”“We could only work on exits from Inter, but Barcelona wasn’t interested in any of our players. We will try to make Rafinha understand that we have a good thing going in the squad,” he concluded.🎙️ | #Spalletti: “#BarcelonaInter? A possible three points will be fundamental. We’ll treat it as a key game, hugely important.” #UCL #BarçaInter #FCIM pic.twitter.com/G9Y4CJghys— Inter (@Inter_en) October 23, 2018
Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Barbados, January 17, 2018 – In December, Barbados had some really good news. A new flight, another linking the Caribbean country to the United Kingdom. Virgin Atlantic’s VS 131 from London Heathrow will continue until March with weekly commutes and proving said the Tourism Minister, Alvin Jemmott that Barbados is an attractive place for visitor from Britain.Photo credit: LOOP News Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
Anglers are reminded to remove fish carcasses whole or gutted/gilled from the clear waters of the Russian River. In addition, if you intend to clean your catch at the river, please take your fish to the mainstem Kenai River cleaning tables located at the confluence and ferry crossing to fillet and chop-up sockeye salmon carcasses into small pieces and throw the pieces into deep, flowing waters. Sport fishing for sockeye salmon in the Russian River area will likely remain good to excellent for the next several days. Through Sunday, June 17, approximately 7,759 sockeye salmon have passed the Russian River weir. Average run timing to this date is 15%. ADF&G estimates that the early-run sockeye salmon biological escapement goal of 22,000-42,000 sockeye salmon will be met. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Russian River Sanctuary area opened early for anglers to sport fish for sockeye salmon, yesterday June 19th. According to stream watch, the water level in the Russian River is extremely high. Wading and crossing is treacherous. On Tuesday, June 19th, the water level at the weir measured 33 inches. (It’s normally around 15 inches at this time). Large trees and logs are being washed down both the Kenai and Russian Rivers. Anglers are advised to be extra cautious.